Welcome to visit Kimika's blog.  


F
irst of all to every visitor, you are very welcome to visit here, but I wish you can have patience with reading, because I'm a international student from Taiwan and I'm still studying English, I want to practice my English skill so I make the blog. So I think my English will be a problem when you read articles from this blog. If I made something mistaken in English I wish you can correct it.

Second,Here will talking about
, Life story, Illustration, Photography, Nature, Design, Art.

These are all my favorite, probably these topic are uncommon, and also probably are boring topic, But whatever I still want to make it!


Third,Feel free to write down anything what you want to say!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 30, 2009

It really shocked me!!


If you are not "Green" then please do not read this!

I know I'm kind of the person that is very subjective sometimes, especially when I talk two things which are environmental problems and Taiwanese political issues. Every thing can be negotiated with any answer and any kind of opinion, but not these two things.

Recently I had presentations in my English class, I had worked hard on this, because I just want My friends can understand our(Taiwan) situations. And I thought every Taiwanese will like the topic, but obviously not like I thought.

A young girl who is a Taiwanese is cute and smart. And I had liked her until I presented my first presentation. I know she's just too young, so some difficult things she may not understand and think deeply.

In fact, when I was young I dislike any Taiwanese politician and Taiwanese government, and these things also indirectly made me dislike Taiwan. After I went to Japan, many international students asked me questions about Taiwan, and those answers couldn't find in Taiwanese text books in my generation, so the answer were, "No, I don't know.", my friends were very surprised it, and said, " how can you don't know about your country? "; Even some of Chinese were tell me how suck the Taiwanese government is, but still I didn't know how to answer it. one year later I met many Taiwanese friends, who love Taiwan a lot, they taught me about Taiwan and turned me into "green".

I disliked Taiwan, but that because when I was a child, Taiwanese government did not care about Taiwanese history and anything about Taiwan, because they just wanted to fight back to China, even though they knew it is impossible.....
I remember when I was in elementary school, my teachers are always saying "We Chinese ", instead of saying "we Taiwanese". and I had even needed to remember the Chinese history and geography for tests.Everyone knows Chinese history, but not Taiwanese history.
I have to say it were all government's fault, however they changed, and tried to protect Taiwanese cultures and tell Taiwanese people be proud of Being ourselves, be proud for Taiwan.

I though I'll never hear any young Taiwanese people saying "I'm Chinese " , because I think they are growing up in the best
environment, they have freedom and they can use internet to google any thing and the truths. Nevertheless, I heard the girl say, " I don't care people call me Chinese or Taiwanese " to EVERYONE in our class, in that moment my brain was frozen and all white, ansd next second I just thought, "WTF are you saying !?"

Unfortunately there is still someone who is not proud of being Taiwanese or
proud of Taiwan.

That's a real BUMMER!.......

I wish she'll change her mind and don't made foreigners think that Taiwanese all like her.
I do care how other people call me,
and I do hope people wouldn't confuse Taiwanese with Chinese.

2 comments:

  1. I really understand your felling.
    When i use to stady in scool about History of Russian and Uzbek, during Sovet Union Time in book was written one way things, but after we got independent all scool books were rewritten and changed, after that i never belive what are saying or writting in books or TV. Russian have long storry but all historical books were written by Jewes, Greek, German and there werent any Russian historian. Any Nation resive pover from their land and language (calture), becouse just this thing unite people same race and give future for children. Since I came here i very carry about what happenning in russian right now and ecological situation there, becouse i know how bad situation there and I become very very angry when somebody doesn't carry and unfortunatly I've been meetting a lot, usually they were growen on TV show, movies, commertial or their parents carry much more about money or religion then future of their children. In case of that young Taiwan girl, she is young and her mind depend of mind her perents and spirit father as she mantioned when she gave her presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really thank you for your comment!!
    I'm so glad that you could understand my feeling and I also wish you could come to listen my presentation. ;-(
    I have to say sorry to you because I don't really know about Russian history. I was a really bad student and made a lot of troubles and I hated to study in class, especially for tests :-). as you said, sometimes TV or news even the textbook haven't told the truths.
    however, it's an internet world right now, so people can learn and find the truths easily if they wanted. :-目
    you know, I care about people's feelings towards Taiwan even when they are probably negative thoughts, but I wouldn't feel hurt because they are not Taiwanese. so if they don't want to try to understand our feelings, then it's OK for me. however, if a Taiwanese person who doesn't care or try to understand Taiwan and the history , then that really hurts my feelings.
    I think she was influenced by people around her too, because I have known many Taiwanese people like that, they don't have an opinion about something so they just follow the adults that they knew, because it is the easiest way to do.(I think they don't want to waste time on this right now, just as I used to be...lol) Nevertheless, I wasn't like that when i was a child, I didn't care about how people thought or what they said, I only believed what I learned and felt.
    I think she does care about Taiwan but just doesn't think deeply towards Taiwan. but whatever....="=
    Oh...don't talk to her about this, because she doesn't want to discuss these issues so..., let us have a peaceful class time.lol

    ReplyDelete